While conformal coatings increase the lifetime of electronic devices by providing a thin barrier that strengthens their ability to withstand harsh environmental conditions, adhesives and encapsulants provide a significantly higher level of protection on the entire assembly.
- creating environmental seals that protect against moisture and corrosion,
- providing high-temperature resistance,
- increasing shock and vibration dampening,
- generating strong bonds to a variety of substrates,
- maintaining low shrinkage, and
- offering thermal conductivity.