The transition to LED curable conformal coatings is beginning to build momentum, beginning as a slow evolution and developing into a revolution of sorts. The driving forces behind this include:
- Improved processing equipment designs and availability
- Aging or outdated application equipment replacements
- Increasing range of LED curables commercially available or in development
- Rising labor, equipment, and energy costs
If you and your organization are faced with aging equipment and higher costs, there isn't a better time to consider the potential advantages of LED curable conformal coatings!
Benefits of LED Curable Conformal CoatingsThere are countless advantages to choosing LED curable coatings, including:
- Processed on the same commercial spray equipment as traditional conformal coatings (Saves $$)
- less need for expensive curing enclosures (Saves $$)
- consistent and repeatable cure
- lower energy requirements (Saves $$)
- little or no hazardous wavelengths generated
- less heat generation for sensitive components
- longer bulb life and lower maintenance costs (Saves $$)
Common Applications for LED Curable Conformal Coatings
LED curable coatings are suitable for nearly all conventional conformal coatings applications. Their lower energy and maintenance requirements combined with short cycle times make them especially valuable in certain areas including
- Automotive PCBs due to their high volumes and energy requirements
- White goods such as refrigerators, washers, and dryers
- HVAC control boards
- Electronic vehicle applications including power and safety controls and autonomous driving devices
Related Article: Application Tips for Manual Brushing Conformal Coatings
HumiSeal LED Curable Products
Chase Corporation and HumiSeal, a leader in the field of conformal coatings and electronics protection, has developed a substantial range of LED curable coatings and gels to meet this growing demand. These coatings and gels exhibit all the advantages related to LED curable materials as well as a number specifically designed for the demands of PCB protection.
|Flexible, thixotropic gel designed for staking and vibration protection for larger components such as capacitors and batteries
|LED curable version of the industry standard UV40 coating specified by many automotive and white goods OEMs for over a decade
|Tough, durable LED curable coating with good wetting on low surface energy substrates and good performance in Thermal Shock tests.
|UV and UV LED curable designed with maximum flexibility for the most demanding, high cycle count thermal and mechanical shock environments.
As a supplier of all major forms and chemistries of conformal coatings, Chase Corporation and HumiSeal® can help you with an unbiased approach to evaluating your application and process. We’ll show you how to maximize efficiency, minimize cost, and improve product reliability. Our outstanding manufacturing and technical support groups can provide your organization with reliable global supply, unmatched quality, and superior technical support.