HumiSeal to showcase new products and service announcements at SMT Nuremberg
Leading manufacturer of conformal coatings solutions, HumiSeal® has announced that it will use the SMT Hybrid Packaging event in Nuremberg (5th – 7th May 2009) to showcase a number of product and service enhancements. The company has made significant developments in recent months with the extension of its now well established UV40 range as well as the introduction of gel based conformal coating products for use in sensitive areas with connectors and other ‘keep out’ areas. The company has also recently announced over $1 million investment in R&D and compatibility testing facilities and is keen to highlight to visitors to their stand (9-451) the advantages that these announcements can offer as well as details of the recent approval of HumiSeal products by German automotive giant BMW.
The highly successful UV40 product has been expanded to include:
- UV40-HV - A high viscosity version of the standard UV40 product supplied in 55cc syringes for automatic application onto small, high-density, fine line printed circuit boards synonymous in mobile phone and PDA applications where precision selective coating is crucial
- UV40-Solar has been specifically formulated for photovoltaic (PV) applications with enhanced UV stability so that it does not discolour or degrade over time
- UV40-250 is designed to meet the requirements of the demanding automotive industry, primarily for the harsh conditions and extreme thermal cycling to which the coatings are continually exposed. Automotive giant, BMW, has given its approval to this product recognising its unique properties
Other innovations that will be on show in Nuremberg include:
- Information on compatibility testing for customers following a significant $1million investment in its research and development capabilities. The company’s two laboratories based in Taunton, Massachusetts USA and Camberley, Surrey UK will help secure the ongoing development of next generation coating chemistries as well as strengthening the customer support offering.
- Details on the approval of UV40250 and 1C49LV conformal coatings by BMW
David Greenman, managing director for HumiSeal Europe, commented:
“We are going through some challenging times and it is vital that we are able to stay ahead of emerging technologies in this dynamic industry to ensure we can offer our customers a real competitive edge. Our investment in new technology and product research means that we can offer real solutions from across the chemistry spectrum ensuring we continue to supply conformal coatings aligned with modern manufacturing technology and products”.